Pages

Sunday, November 11, 2012

Thankful

It is late and I am trying to avoid cleaning my kitchen, so I am sitting at the table thinking of the wonderful weekend I had....

On Friday Adam, Reagan, and I spent some time visiting Nanny (Adams grandmother) and Papaw Joe (Adams dad).  Then we went to the toy store and put Christmas on layaway, then went grocery shopping.  Miss Reagan decided to act up a bit (as two year old do) and got probably the biggest punishment she has ever received: no watching movies in the minivan ALL weekend. She is a little older now and we are trying to teach her concepts like respect, being thankful, consequences, and privileges.  This weekend she learned about all of them at once.  To be honest I am getting tired of the TV and she did fine without it, so we might be saving TV time as a special treat rather than an everyday thing in the near future.

Saturdays are traditionally our Sabbath and as such are family days.  This Saturday, however, Reagan and I left Daddy at home and took a road trip to my hometown to go to the baby shower of my BFF since 5th grade.  It was great to see her, her hubby, and all of her family that I haven't seen in a long time.  Our other BFF came all the way from Erie to join in on the fun, so we had a reunion.  It was great to see two of my favorite ladies in the world!  I have a hand full of close friends that have spread out all over the country so it does my heart good to get to spend some quality time with them. That night we spent the night at my parents house and had a great time.

This morning Reagan and I went from my parents house to Adams parents house to pick up some furniture they are letting us sell to raise money for the adoption.  We missed Adam leading worship at church, but it was great for Reagan to see so many of her grandparents and one uncle in one weekend.  When we got home Adam and Reagan let me nap on the couch while they went to Target.  Reagan had the idea to "buy mommy flowers" while they were there so they stopped by the florist and brought me home a dozen peach roses complete with a card that Reagan signed! So precious!  Then we ate pizza and had our first family game night.  We played Memory, Hungry Hungry Hippos, and Don't Break the Ice.  We had so much fun I think we are going to do it every Sunday!  We ended the night by giving Reagan a post candy cane bath and watching some TV.  

Now Reagan and Adam are asleep upstairs and I'm surrounded my our menagerie of sleeping pets.  Like I said, I am at the kitchen table trying to avoid doing the dishes.  The family budget and board games are all over the table and there is laundry in the washer waiting to be dried, but I am content to sit her and reflect on our many blessings.  I can't wait until we have two more kiddos to add to the mix. I know that quiet time like this will be even rarer then, but I will have even more to be thankful for!

No comments:

Post a Comment